Hand made Soap Healthy for your skin........and good for your soul!
Aromatherapy every time you bathe!
Non-drying, mild cleansing, restore balance and tone.
Shea butter enriched to soften and smooth skin.
Your skin won't know what hit it!
Our soaps are a generous 5 oz.
About WildWays handmade soap:
- WildWays soaps are handmade from scratch in our studio, Due to this handmade nature, variations may occur. Bar sizes and weights are approximate since they are hand-cut and labeled based upon expected weight after curing time (an on-going process). Usually 5.5 oz. at cutting time, they cure to an average weight of 5oz.
- How long do WildWays Soaps last?. our customers tell us... "Your soaps last a long time!" Using a washcloth, sponge, or loofah to rub soap onto your skin will help it last longer. Have you ever wondered why a bar of soap in the shower gets small so quick? The longer a bar of soap sits in the water the quicker it melts. To extend the life of your soap, be sure to place the bar on a well draining soap dish, so it is not sitting in water. Never leave the soap in water or where it can not drain completely.
- While you will feel no residue on your skin following bathing with WildWays Soaps they are very moisturizing. Several customers have told us that they do not need to use moisturizers as often since they made the switch to WildWays Soaps.
- All of our soaps are gentle on all body parts. we Consider them face And body soaps....with the exception of our scrub soaps which contain ingredients that may be too harsh on skin other than hands. Retention of the natural glycerin makes these soaps extremely gentle, yet effective on all of your skin.
- Mint-scented soaps often create a "cooling" tingle which while refreshing on skin, may be felt by some to be a bit Too cooling on female private parts ....you may want to avoid prolonged exposure of this area with mint soaps.
- Do not get soap into eyes! (To create "tear-free" soap you must add anesthetizing agents which "numb" the eyes. I do not add these to my soaps, so they are not "tear-free.")
- As with anything that touches the skin, it is possible certain soaps may be irritating to certain people. Discontinue use if Any allergy or irritation occurs.
|What is soap?
Soap is created by a chemical reaction between oils, water and lye. Although lye is used to make soap there is no lye left after the saponification (The chemical reaction that makes soap.) is complete. There is no such thing as a bar of soap that was not made from the use of lye. Different kinds of soap are made using a variety of different oils. Both Animal & Plant oils can be used in the soap making process and they all add different qualities to the soap. Since there are people who for personal reasons will not use animal products we also make a line of soaps that do not contain any animal products.
|Why not commercial soap?
Did you know that commercial soaps are generally made of synthetic detergents? Commercial soap companies remove the glycerin from their bars and sell it separately. They do this because they make more money selling the glycerin separately and can replace it with chemical detergents. Hand-crafted glycerin soaps retain 95% of the glycerin in each bar and our cold process soaps have nothing removed from them. Glycerin is a humectant. It attracts moisture, so used in a bar of soap, you will attract more moisture to your skin. Try it and you will definitely feel the difference!